Jicable 10th International Conference on Insulated Power Cables
What is Jicable’19 ?
|Jicable was founded in 1984 to facilitate and develop the exchange of information, scientific and engineering knowledge, between engineering personnel and technical specialists in all countries as regards insulated power cables; As such, Jicable is an international forum for the exchange of information in the fields of research, industrial development, installation, operation and diagnoses relating to insulated power cables and their accessories from low voltage and special cables up to ultra high voltage cables and new technology cables. Jicable organizes every 4 years an International Conference on thoses subjects to present the most recent innovations appeared since the preceeding one. Jicable’19 will be the 10th edition of that Conference.
Why is Jicable’19 important ?
Insulated power cables are increasingly used in electric power transmission and distribution networks. This is due to the significant progress achieved in the development of new technologies with higher performances, and motivated by increasing environmental pressure. Cables are recognised as a reliable means for the transmission and distribution of electrical energy. Jicable’19 will allow in-depth analysis of the State-of-the-Art and future perspectives : new materials, evolution in technologies, manufacturing process, maintenance policies and condition assessment, upgrading, refurbishment, lessons learnt from service, dielectric phenomena, thermal and thermo-mechanical behaviour…new innovative technical solutions for high power transmission : new superconductive materials as well as a closer look at major submarine cable projects connecting High Voltage networks in many countries.
Who will be taking part in Jicable’19?
||As for the 9 earlier Jicable conferences held between 1984 and 2015 (782 delegates from 47 countries, of which 98% were fully satisfied by the technical content of the conference), Jicable’19 will prove very useful to the following segments of the cable industry: researchers, engineers, decision-makers, raw materials suppliers, manufacturers, consultants, installers and users
Programme of the Conference
- About 50 oral sessions will be organized during the three days of the Conference to present validated communications from authors coming from all over the world. Validation is done by the International Technical and Scientific Committee which gather about 50 reknown professionals recognized by their peers.
- Posters Sessions are also proposed
- A high level lecture opens the Conference
- Products and advanced technologies are shown through a technical exhibition held during the three days of the conference
- The Social programme includes
- A welcome cocktail before the conference
- A prestigious dinner in a prominent location around Paris during which the Jicable prize to the best contribution is awarded
- A photo exhibit of the past practices of our technologies
- Three or four tutorials are proposed to the delegates the day before the conference
- Delegates will be able to choose one of the technical visits which will take place the day after the conference
- “Young researchers” are invited to present a paper about their works and prizes are awarded to the best presentations
- Workshops are organized the day after the conference. Attendance to these workshops are upon invitations.